Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

For the independant reading project I chose to read the Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy. I chose to read this book because i know parts of the story and it really interests me. Also I love science fiction and ive been planning to read this book anyway. The author is Douglas Adams, he claimed that the title came from a 1971 incident while he was hitch-hiking around Europe as a young man with a copy of the Hitch-hiker's Guide to Europe book, and while lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck with a copy of the book and looking up at the stars, thought it would be a good idea for someone to write a hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy as well. The Hitchiker's Guid to the Glaxy is only one book but i plan on reading the entire series which in total is 815 pages. If i read 100 pages a week, it will take me 8 weeks.

1 comment:

Ayibar said...

hey edith..your book is so long to read! i could never read it :D but im glad you're taking the initiative to read it. The background information about your author and how he found himself in Europe and then drunk and named his book is quite fascinating and interesting.The sperm whale picture and the flowers made me curious and want to read the excerpts from your book ..they really grabbed my attention and were quite powerful. I love your profile's look i think it screams "EDITH!"all over ! =D
P.S. - ive finished candy and whoa it was reallllyyy good!! =D so u didnt ruin anything for me :] & thanx for the comment!